Real and lasting success comes from the integration of Mind – Body – Soul. We talked about the beautiful Mind in Part 1 last week. Today let’s look at creating the beautiful Body that will support and honor the Mind and keep you on the divine path of Success and Abundance in all areas that you desire.
Our body truly is our temple of the Holy Spirit. Most of us do not revere and honor our bodies the way we honor our churches, synagogues, or any place we gather with our particular spirit “tribe”. And how can we be successful in life if we are dishonoring our body? Here are some basic tenets of creating and maintaining a healthy temple for your experience here in physical form:
- Drink water…purified, distilled, or spring water. In order to cut down on plastic consumption, buy a reusable stainless steel water bottle; then buy large containers of clean water or install a home distiller to distill the tap water you receive so inexpensively. Refill your stainless steel water bottle frequently. You should drink half of your body weight, in ounces, daily. So, if you’re a 150 lb. person, you should consume 75 oz. of water daily. Also, I highly recommend the addition of therapeutic-grade essential oils to your water; lemon oil is inexpensive, tastes great, helps maintain healthy blood cells, reduces acidosis in the body (cause of all dis-ease), and lifts your spirits. You can learn more about essential oils at my ellevate mind*body*soul website.
- Exercise. You’ve heard it before. Get Moving! Find something you enjoy doing. For me, it’s Pilates. I’m a “hard core” fan. Give it a try if you never have…it’s the only work-out you can do while mostly laying down! I also walk as much as possible…treadmill or outdoors. You do not have to over-do your work-out. Remember, you’re treating your body as the temple it is. Honor Your Rhythm.
- Nutrition. This is a piece that most of the industrialized nations are woefully lacking. We eat too much “dead” food. Processed, packaged, pasteurized, pickled. If you look at research on how much you spend on doctor bills, nutritional supplements, diet books, and work-out gear, you would know for sure that your nutritional choices cost more than if you bought all organic and fresh food. The body cannot heal itself unless it is in an alkaline state…this is a fact. Most of our bodies are too acidic from our consumption of sugars, simple carbs, soda, coffee, tea, and alcohol. Your daily meals should add up to 75% fruits and vegetables, 25% proteins (lean meat, fish, legumes, nuts, whole grains).
- Bodywork. Practice maintaining and proactively updating your “temple” by getting regular physical body work done. Body work can be massage, Reiki, chiropractic, Acupuncture, my own custom blend of energy work and essential oils, or anything you enjoy that grounds you and aligns you physically. Keeping your body structurally and electrically aligned will allow your brain to effectively communicate with your body’s nerve pathways which will enable the proper signals and blood flow to go where they’re supposed to go.
- Sleep. How can you have a beautiful path to success if you look worn out? Most of us need eight hours; most of us also get by on about six. In the Ayurvedic approach to health, we should go to sleep when the sun goes down and wake up when the sun comes up; consistently every day. I don’t think I want to go to sleep at 5pm cst when the winter sun goes down that early here in the Midwest…but you get the point. Partying or studying or working into the wee hours is not a balanced approach to honoring your body’s needs.
- Ask for Help. I had a humbling year as I focused on building two new businesses. I spent more than I made and I had to ask for help. But, whether your temporary challenge is not enough money or time or energy or ideas, all you have to do is ask for the help you need. People want to help. It allows other people to flow their love and abundance, in whatever form, to you…which they need to do. It is our ego that prevents us from asking for help. My boyfriend has taught me that this year. I wasn’t used to asking for help. But it feels so good to ask and receive. So, ask for the help you need in order to honor your body. Remember…What you seek is seeking you!
Focus this week on honoring your body as your temple. I just jumped off the treadmill after 40 minutes of fast walking. I’m drinking pure water with lemon oil in it. I’m writing about things I love and am passionate about. I’m still tackling the perfect nutritional balance but I’m progressing. I am a beautiful work in progress. Next week we’ll talk about the Soul, or Spirit, behind your Beautiful Path to Success. See you then.